Wednesday 22 August 2012

New Group Leader Pt?

Today was Gl's last day. We decided that first we would have have our morning circle and then the Farewell party.
Just at 9 0'clock when we were about to begin our class, Mrs. Wlz walked in with a tall, broad, great, redoubtable looking, middle aged woman and introduced her to us as Pt the new group leader in our group. She is German but is certified bilingual ie English and German teacher as well and is very qualified and experienced.
The reaction on me and Ant was immediate. We both were suddenly frightened, tense and stressed at the grim prospect of being ruled again and not being good enough to be a group leader ourselves. I know I can't be a group leader as I cannot work full time due to family issues- a group leader has to work full time. If Ant had been dreaming of becoming a group leader then she is herself to blame for her heart break - she is barely fit to be a teacher, forget a group leader.

Ant was a completely different picture now. I think she has personality disorder. She can change her entire front so swiftly. She put up a smily smily face and started dominating and hogging around to impress Pt positively. This woman, who had not taken a single morning circle since two months suddenly insisted that she will take morning circle and she wants to sing a song with the children so that Pt gets to know the names of the children, and she will introduce Pt to children and announce farewell party for Gl.
I didn't like this but ceded. I can't always resist and must give others their chance. She sang a song which was really about 'Guten tag' not 'Guten Morgen' but that's not the point. She then asked me with a super bright but still fake smile if I wanted to do the 'Good Morning' song.
On Pt's encouragement I did the Good morning song a bit speedily as we were short of time because of the party.

I was getting increasingly pissed off at Ant's blatant show off. Pt herself looked quite formidable, dominating and impossible to mold. I was straining myself not to think that I am probably out of the frying pan straight  into the fire. Sr would have been probably better- I don't want  to spend my life meekly following orders from stupid group leaders who regard themselves like emperors and the others like slaves. Probably I should now start thinking about resigning or at least changing my job.

After the party was over, we left Pt and A.Chr behind and took the children to the river park. I could not put off the grimness of my situation from my mind. When we returned, Pt was still there. Ant's show off performance returned in full blow. She took the kids from me saying she wanted to change their diapers something which she again hadn't done since the last two months! She asked me to show her English lesson plan files. We went in a room and she said something that made me prick my ears.
"I have talked to Mrs Wlz and she has told me a lot of things." She began. "I will be working here as the House in charge, not group leader. I notice how Ant was trying to be dominating and acting. She was trying to impress. I don't like a lot of things done over here and want to change. I think we need another kindergarten teacher for this group and between you and me, we can take the English of both the groups switching with each other as necessary. The bear group doesn't have a native English speaker. I will tell Mrs Wlz to employ only qualified teachers here.
"A lot of things are wrong over here." I nodded. "I am myself just one and half month old over here. I was appalled to see how bad the teachers are over here. Nobody works, no body teachers. They just pass time with the kids. It's a shame."
Ant peeped in through the open door feeling suspicious what we two were talking about so softly. Pt curtly requested her close the door and go out. Ant's face was a picture to look at.

Pt opened up towards me. She gave me a smile that I felt was genuine and said we would work together and change everything. She gave me her visiting card, a warm shake hand and then went away.

Ant and Gl were totally eaten up with curiosity as to what I had been talking over with Pt. but I didn't offer any explanation and didn't ask.

I can see that Ant is terribly frightened. Well so am I, only our reasons are different. While I hate to be dominated, Ant is afraid of working altogether. She is afraid she will have to work and by the looks of Pt, may not be able to fool her the way she does everyone else.

Today, I have made a list of 25 suggestions for my group and handed it over to A. Chr. to give it to Mrs Wlz.




No comments:

Post a Comment