Friday 24 August 2012

Why both Ant and Stl are suddenly so nice towards me?

I was afraid to go to school today for fear of what I would have to face. Yesterday I was plain lucky that Ant absented herself; she may come today and throw drama around. I would not like to listen to her.
Whatever, I had steeled myself to give my broadest smiles to the point of cheek. I did it.

As soon as I entered the class I saw Ant. Blow! I smiled and hailed her so warmly she was taken aback. Then she smiled back at me - only her smile was very stiff and artificial and did not reach her eyes. Her eyes looked wary, cautious, full of suspicion.

She didn't have to be reminded about morning circle today. She came of her own accord with that Early man Book in her hand which is more fit for 10 year old kids. Don't worry. I said to myself, I won't let you use it.  We did the song, then I did magnetic numbers 1-10 on board while there was pin drop silence because the children were so entranced to see something new and interesting.
"You know, we can make them play an interesting game with these numbers. We can ask all the one year old to stand, then two year old and so forth." She suggested.
"Next time maybe. Right now I have other things to do with them." I declined.

I then did a lot of things while she no doubt waited for her turn which didn't come making her feel probably lucky. She ought to know that she is here for children and morning circle is not the only time when she can teach.

When I finished she exclaimed, "Oh, you do it so nicely." with fake tones of admiration. She as yet doesn't know I am too shrewd to be fooled by plain flattery.

Throughout the day she kept trying to say pleasant things to me in order to please or mold me. I went upstairs and met Stl. She hailed me like a long lost friend.
"I have heard you don't get time to drink water. Is it true? Oh trust me, they will never give you time for that. I have a fridge here where you can have water anytime you want. You must tell them straight that you are going for a drink- you have that much right. By the way, when are you bringing any Indian food for us? I am in love with Indian food and it is so tasty. German food can never be like this.You must cook something for us one day."

Okay, so something is up between these two ladies. Both are trying so hard to please me. Maybe Wlz has given them a piece of her mind or so....

Later towards the close of the day, Ant finally found something after her own heart. She said she was going upstairs to complete her German lessons file which is missing many pages so I must clean the three room upstairs.

I didn't want to appear as someone who always resists and fights so I accepted for once. I was quite sure she had no such thing. I went up and found she had only spread a lot of papers on table to show she was working and the whole half hour that I remained there she was only chatting to another teacher in whispers, no doubt discussing me, and did nothing, NOTHING at all. Then she put the papers back and went downstairs.

There is a saying in Hindi that if low mentality or bad person suddenly become soft and polite then smell danger. It means they are up to something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment