Tuesday 18 March 2014

Public Transport Stike

Today as I waited for my usual morning bus with H at my side I was a bit puzzled to see neither any bus nor any other passenger like me waiting for the bus. S rang to tell me that today was a public transport Strike. I rang the Kindergarten to inform them. Ulk advised me to take a taxi which would be paid by the school. I rang the Taxi service but there were NO taxis available, all having been already taken. I kept trying  incessantly for the next two and a half hour but no success. Finally I decided to stay home and mailed my absence.

The next day, Mrn asked me how was I going to adjust my yesterday's absence. I could use it as my overtime or take a leave.
"Let me think, which would be better." I said thoughtfully.
"Ya, think about it-" She replied a bit pertly which made me look up sharply." because the kindergarten can't pay for this day when it is your fault. The school had duly informed you about the strike."
"Mrn, I am not asking to be paid for this but I got no information. Ncl sent me the official  mail on my official id at 2.38 pm. I check my official mails only in the school. At that time I was in meeting together with you all and Ulk until 3 pm. Then I went home. I didn't see the mail until today morning."
"But you could have checked your official mail at home." She reiterated somewhat irritated. " Or you could have walked to the school; the distance is not so much that one can't. And by the way, Jnn says you knew about the strike."
"Whatt?" I cried. "No, that can't be true. I did NOT know about the strike."
Jnn stepped in super calm and cool and confident."Yes, you did. yesterday I was talking to Nkls discussing the strike and you said yes, you were also aware about it."
"NO, I didn't. If I knew, do you think I would fake it?"
"Oh man," Mrn threw up her hands in irritated dismissal. "You decide whether you knew it or not."


I was hurt and deeply insulted on an issue that I hadn't even raised.

I had 5.45 hours overtime and I decided to take that.
"This will make you half an hour in minus. Is it okay?" She asked. This means you will need to do half hour extra today."

I went to Ulk and asked her to calculate my extra hours. It turned out Mrn had calculated my extra hours (deliberately) wrong. She had put me in minus hours even on my medical leave!

I suspect she has been calculating my work hour deliberately wrong. No matter how more I work, I always show up in minus.

No comments:

Post a Comment