Thursday 3 May 2012

A false complaint by My, Mz

I am still not well. Today, I needed to go to my doctor for another check up but I learnt we were to have our usual meeting so I had to cancel the idea of going. Instead, after school, I went to sleep on the staff room sofa.

Asy hadn't come today. She is ill. She rang me early in the morning to inform me that she was going to her doctor. There were no extra teachers to help me out so I managed my group alone. I didn't mind that in the least.

Gbt's uncle in Turkey has been shot so she had to fly to Turkey urgently. She will be away for probably a week or so.

The meeting was an interesting one. It has become a regular feature to have dramatic things happen in our meetings. For the first time the English teachers of the school hugely out numbered the German teachers. There were only three German teachers against eight English ones. Ndn graciously suggested therefore that we conduct our meeting this time in English.

The meeting was started by Stf who broke the news that now Mz and My have filed a written petition in the State Education Authority Bureau, detailing roughly ten serious complaints against our school and as signatures instead of writing their names or someone else', they have written down the email addresses of several parents of the school. They have reported that children are fed disturbingly large quantities of sugary and fast or junk foods, a large number of teachers have been terminated illegally, children often get hurt in school but the information is concealed from parents, children with food or other allergies are not dealt with carefully or effectively, trainees who are not meant to deal with children alone are often made to do so, safety instructions for fire exit or other hazards are not followed, unqualified teachers are employed, there are not enough qualified and trained teachers in the school,  many times the parents have to take their children back home due to shortage of teachers in school and school building contract is inappropriate for a school.

Stf and we discussed in detail for the next whole hour how to answer these questions. While some of the complaints are in fact true, the others are simply a white lie. For instance, it has never happened that children got hurt but the information was concealed, or they are fed sugary foods, or allergies are not handled. We have proper procedure for all this which is duly followed. As to parents taking their children back, it happened just once thanks to stupid Stfn who couldn't decide what she should do so she decided to do this.

Stf has contacted her lawyer to frame a professional reply to this letter. We suggested she needed to file a police complaint against these two bitches but Stf shook her head.
"I will answer this letter and just forget them. I request you all to have no contact with them, no phone call, no email, no messages and no meetings with them. We shall come through. Don't worry."


No comments:

Post a Comment