Tuesday 8 May 2012

Talk with ll's mom

Yesterday Stf sent an email to all the parents declaring officially that Stfn is resigning and 31st of May shall be her last day in the school. The mail, poignantly also mentioned that the school was not going to close down as some parents expressed their concern.

Today when Ll's mother came to drop Ll, she asked me discreetly casting a furtive glance in the classroom to make sure Stfn was't there.
"Now Stfn is also leaving?"
I nodded.
"I wanted to tell you that before Ll had joined this kindergarten, we had applied in several other kindergartens as well. We got a place in this one and joined. After that I forgot all about it until day before yesterday I suddenly received a mail from one one of them informing us that they have a place now. I am a bit bothered about the situation in this school, the way teachers keep changing. So I am not able to decide what I should do now."
" First of all, I would not advise you to stay in this school or any school if you were not happy with it for whatever reason. As a parent and as a child, it is most important for both of you to be satisfied and happy. If not, then it doesn't make sense if you happen to land in the best kindergarten of the world. On the other hand, the problems that bother you here may exist there as well. I have taught in several schools in other places of the world and I can vouch that frequent leaving of teachers in a school is as normal as breathing. It happens in every school of the world. Teachers keep leaving due to better opportunities or personal grounds like transfer, visa, career change etc. There is absolutely no guarantee that if you choose another school you won't encounter the same problem there as well."
"What do you think about this school?" She asked politely.
"This school? I am in love with it." Answered I vehemently. "I truly am. The school is very nice. The problem creating elements are out now and I am sure there never was anything else wrong with this school."

She was happy and admitted that my opinion sounded unbiased and expert. She very much wants to stay in this school because her daughter is very happy here but the the events happening here on a routine basis is so very unsettling...even frightening at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment