Wednesday 11 April 2012

I have to resign...

A big change is waiting for me just round the corner!

S has been offered a new job in a new company in another city in Germany! We have to relocate in roughly two months time. This means it's time to say my farewell to my beloved kindergarten...!

My heart has turned as heavy as lead in my chest. I have lived a full life in this kindergarten full of love, hate, happiness, sorrow, elation, depression everything. I found new genuine friends, I rediscovered myself, reinvented myself and was blissfully basking in the glory of all encompassing admiration, satisfaction and happiness of parents, colleagues, children and even my employer. I loved being part of this school and learnt so much. I was able to better myself and better the school. I cherish each and every moment spent here. Though I always knew it was not for ever still, the idea to leave it now is grieving my heart. Its not just a farewell to my beloved school, it is, in all probability, also a farewell to my beloved job and my rediscovered freedom and passion.
 I cannot say, I will be lucky enough to find another similar job in the new city.  S and I have begun planning our second baby. I used to gloat over the idea that I could enjoy maternity benefits while being employed here. But now the situation will be different. If I fall pregnant, no institution would hire me; if I get a job and fall pregnant, I will have to discontinue and spend the next several months even a year or more without a job. More than less money inflow, remaining out of job for me, also spells remaining away from my passionate activity..

The situation for me is pretty bleak. I lose my job and H's free education. There is no surety of finding another job in that city on similar terms..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment