Wednesday 18 April 2012

A small talk with Stf

I went to the office to get money back on the two lactose free chocolates and the Easter bread which I had brought for the school for Easters. Stf was there.

By way of talking she conspiratorially asked me if Stfn had told me anything.
"About what?"
"About why she wants to leave."
"Err... she was unhappy here."
"Yes, I know." She nodded. "She said the same to me. I even apologized to her and said I didn't mean to hurt her feelings but..." She sighed deeply.
"I love this school, Stf and feel deeply concerned for it. It is not my business to advise or inform you. I believe you are a very clever business woman and know what you have to do. But my personal opinion is this school need good teachers especially right now. Mk, Ndn, Stfn they all are good teachers. I didn't know anything about Stfn earlier as she was in the baby group. My timings are different. I come at 9- leave at 2 and in between 9-2 I am always with the children. I don't have time to talk to other teachers more than a casual Hi, Hello. When she came to my group I noticed she is a good teacher. It would be a pity to lose good teachers especially if they are also old. My personal suggestion is to stop them from going. The situation right now is very critical. The new ones who have joined take fright and quit totally without reason."
She nodded thoughtfully.
"Yes, I know, but Stfn has decided she wants to leave. Mk and Ndn as well. It is their decision. What can I do?"
"Nobody can force anyone of course but negotiation might still do a lot of things. I really think Mk etc should be stopped from leaving. I would prefer Mk to be the manager as he is a very good person and has a good public image."
"I asked him to be the manager but he refused saying he is not a leader person."
"He doesn't have to lead an army!"
"I have called someone from outside. Maybe this one works...!"

She was looking real troubled and worried. She is bound to be. But if I know her at all, she will pull herself out of this black hole soon.... and I wish her all the best!
My heart has been writhing in anguish at the mess this school is in right now. Every single moment of the day I keep thinking about the school. My last thought before falling asleep is about the school and also the first one on waking up. Between waking up in the morning each day to falling asleep every night whatever I do, whether bathing, worshiping, cooking, eating, commuting or even while having intimate moments with S, it is just the school thoughts that swim about in my head in endless circles.

 In the midst of all this, I had almost completely forgotten that I too have to leave soon....!

No comments:

Post a Comment