Monday 16 April 2012

Stfn is resigning...!

Today the school reopened after the ten days long Easter vacation. It seemed sort of odd and strangely unfamiliar to see the school in proper order after the mad chaos of the past few days.
Jln was back after her wedding; Mcl was back too. Both Mcl and Jrn looked after Mz's children and God knows if Izb was there or not - I didn't see her.

During our morning circle time, Stfn broke the news - as yet unofficial - that she has obtained a new job and is going to leave soon.
"I don't know whether to be happy or sad with this news." Said I. "It is sad for me to lose you after Cl now, especially as we had struck a nice friendship as well as coordination in work together; but I am also happy for you because new job for you means better career opportunity."

I was in the sleeping room when I met Stf outside, tanned as black as coal from the exotic holiday of hers.
"I have a request to make of you." She said." I am sending someone to meet you tomorrow and you have to show her around the school, explain how you work in the school and in the group and everything. She will replace Stfn. I have terminated my contract with her as she wanted to leave. Anyways she was not happy here so I have told her to go. But Shhh! Don't say this anyone yet."

I nodded. She then stooped down, for she is really very tall, and hugged me tightly. When she straightened up again her eyes were glistening with tears. My heart melted then and there.
"Stf, don't worry. Everything will be fine. You are such a courageous, brave, intelligent woman. When you fired Mz and My I truly bowed to your courage. The surprising thing is everybody knew the truth about those two ladies, everyone. You were the only one not to know about them!"
"And nobody came and told me" She smiled sardonically. "Well, anyways, we will solve this problem together."
"Yes, and everything will be fine." We smiled at each other and separated.


No comments:

Post a Comment