Tuesday 1 June 2010

My First Day at Work

After a long long time, well, 5 years to be exact, I once again started out early in the morning to go to work. Going to school as a student is much different than going as a teacher; firstly you don’t have the option of absconding and second there is no fear of cutting up a bad face for home work not done. I hate doing home works…!
There was some unexpected disruption on S-Bahn route so the very first day I was nearly 20 minutes late. The school is a nice colourful little place with lovely little children from all countries of the world. Similarly my  co-workers too are from every corner of the globe. They were polite and welcoming enough. The working inside the school is entirely different from the one I was used to which leaves me a really broad scope for innovation but for the present I have decided to observe first and then project my ideas. Wouldn’t do to make enemies so soon !
It was really cute to see those tiny little kids play with toys, trying to sing to a guitar, put on their bibs and eat their breakfast / snacks etc with tiny colourful forks, put back their dishes, and go to sleep with a cuddly toy and a pacifier.
H gave me lot of trouble. He continued to cry the whole time as he wanted to be with me only but I hope this will passes soon and he will adjust like every other kid.
For the present, I am basking in my new found status. Shedding the sticky ”House wife” tag is glorious and I hope it stays this way for a long time to come. Keeping my fingers crossed…..!

No comments:

Post a Comment