Friday 22 July 2011

Jn has changed his decision

Day before yesterday, I met Jn in the playground. He had something to tell me;
"I had mailed to my Guru and told him that I wanted to come to India and become an ascetic and you know what, he has reassured me its not needed. He says, I need not resign from teaching, at least not now."

 I was so happy to hear this. It meant just the right guidance for which I had been praying.

"You know, I had wanted to say the same thing to you but refrained as I thought you might not be able to understand it. God never says one should denounce this world and go live in mountains or forests to find Him. On the contrary, He says one can find Him wherever one is, in which ever walk of life. Do you know, some years ago, when I was in my intermediate class, I was undergoing the same situation. I wanted to leave everything and just go after God and then I received the guidance that I need not worry - I can do that in every situation on this earth. One only has to love God to find him and you can do that whether you are in Germany or America, whether you are a teacher, a bus driver, a cleaner or a policeman.
I love my profession because I have to deal with small children who are so pure, innocent and angelic that they are personification of God Himself. By teaching them and making them happy, I feel I have done something which pleases God. I feel I am nearer to Him here than  if I were in a famous temple or a shrine.
God is in our hearts Jn, not outside....!
You want to find God? Immerse yourself in whichever work you do and keep remembering Him whether in joy or sorrow, pleasure or pain, success or failure - you will become filled with a strange happiness and satisfaction, you will rise above mundane tensions and worries. Nothing else will matter..."

He was listening with wonder. I hoped he believed me.

He really did believe me. Today during the summer party everyone had been assigned some duties and he undertook the responsibility of wiping the dishes , putting them in the dishwasher, taking them out when clean and wiping them dry. Amongst all of us he worked the hardest and the most and yet, I noticed that he was fully immersed in his job and his face glowed with distinct contentment and happiness as if he was doing the most enjoyable task in the world. Yes...he was definitely nearer to God at that moment then he was aware of.
God bless him..! 

No comments:

Post a Comment