Monday 31 March 2014

Down with fever...and disappointment

Until Saturday afternoon I was in perfect health. The weather was fantastic with 23 degrees and completely sunny with sparkling blue skies. We went out to look for a new cycle for H and for myself, then had a bit of a lunch in a typical German farm house, then to the city center to buy somethings, then back home. And then suddenly within an hour I was down with fever and cold.

I was a bit disappointed to be unable to go to the kindergarten when I so much wanted to. I had to report to Mrn how wonderful and successful the whole week had been. I wanted to see how she and Jnn would react to this or what faults they would pick owing to their nature of fault finding.

I was aware of how I had been labelled by them as irresponsible for reporting about my absence at 8.30 instead of 7.00 or 7.30 (and I couldn't inform in time as I was under sedative meds)
In every other kindergarten where I have worked before, it was sufficient to call in the morning between 8-9 a.m. to report that I wasn't coming. In this kindergarten you are supposed to inform as early as 7.00 or 7.30 plus send an email to a bunch of people.

Not wanting to invite any further labels of irresponsibility, I Smsd Mrn on Sunday on her private cell, then mailed all the required people officially. Even after this, the next day Monday, I SMSd Mrn again in the morning at 7.30 on her private cell, then called Jnn on her private cell to inform that I wasn't coming.
Not sure what false allegations Jnn might find for the last week's activities, I also mailed to Mrn a concise report of last week about everything that had happened.

Later in the day, Mrn sent me a curt almost to the point of rude email that next time when I have to report sick I have to do it ONLY on the group cell phone and NEVER on private phone. Furthermore, in one of her messages she said that even though I had mailed everyone it was important that I ring personally and inform as "one doesn't often check one's mailbox." Imagine this coming from her who told me I could have checked my official mail at home.

 Yes, I do understand that official reportings have to be made officially which I did and in time. But if you have to inform someone on a weekend then how do you do it other than smsing on private cell number? And besides, she always did say to all of us that she was reachable on her private phone at all times even when she was on sick leave or a holiday.

Her rude email has left me with a bitter sour taste in my heart. She just doesn't like me and anything and everything good that I happen to do just heightens her displeasure with me. Not a nice situation to be in for sure...


No comments:

Post a Comment